As a cannabis seed grower, you always want to obtain the highest yield possible. Higher yields mean more buds to enjoy, and potentially more money in your pocket. If your returns have been less than satisfying, this guide will help. Thankfully, there are some steps you can take to increase your marijuana yield dramatically and finally enjoy a bountiful harvest whether you grow your cannabis in Maine, Florida, or South Dakota.
What Factors Affect a High Yield?
Multiple factors can affect the final yield of your cannabis crop. Being aware of these factors can help you to avoid problems.
- Temperature plays a factor in the yield of your 420 or 710 If the grow room temperature rises above 85 or below 65, the cannabis plants will go into survival mode and will conserve their energy as much as possible, which can diminish growth.
- Water also plays a vital role in the final yield of your crops. Too much moisture or too little can cause problems with growth. Generally, cannabis plants do not like too much water because it bogs down the root system and leads to possible root rot.
- Humidity can lead to problems. During the vegetative and flower stages, too much moisture in the grow room can cause mold development, which will eventually destroy your plants. It is best to keep your grow room between 45% and 50% relative humidity.
- Nutrients can lead to large yields, but plant development can also be impeded if you give too many nutrients. The most critical macronutrients for cannabis are nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. During the vegetative stage, feed with a higher ratio of nitrogen. Once your plants begin flowering, switch to a nutrient solution that is higher in phosphorous.
- Light should also be considered if your yield is lacking. A perfect balance of light is critical. It is essential to follow a tight light schedule, giving more light in the vegetative stages and equal darkness and light in later stages. If you have autoflower seeds, this is not so much of a concern so you can give them as much light as you like all the way through flowering (although 4-6 hours of darkness is still helpful for cellular repair and bud growth.
- Genetics plays a more important role than most people realize. Some strains of cannabis simply offer higher yields than others. Carefully researching the options and purchasing the right seeds and clones is vital.
How to Improve Your Marijuana Yield
So, you planted some marijuana plants, put in all the hard work, and ended up with a much smaller yield than expected. This can be heart-breaking, especially for new cannabis farmers. Now that you know what can go wrong with growing marijuana, it is essential to discover how to avoid lower yield issues.
When you are growing cannabis, the goal is to have bigger and bushier plants that produce a higher yield. When the light is not intense enough, you will see changes in your cannabis plants.
Cannabis plants, like all plants, need light to grow. Light is responsible for providing the plants with the energy they need for creating food. When the light is not intense enough, the cannabis plants will begin to grow much taller and “leggy.” You will see longer stems with a lot more space between nodes.
Fewer nodes are going to mean a less bushy plant. When it comes to growing cannabis, you want bushiness over height. Bushier plants equate to much more bud.
Out of all the factors that influence yield, light is undoubtedly near the top of the list. If your light is not intense enough, and the plants are not receiving the required number of hours of light, they will begin to suffer. After spending so much money on seeds or clones, this is not something anyone wants to happen.
Special Deals For You
and get $10 OFF
YOUR PROMO CODE: PMMZJQM6
and get $40 OFF
YOUR PROMO CODE: 6SWYQBBF
Top 20 Pot Seeds For Sale
Sour Diesel Auto FemAdd to cart
White Widow Photo FemAdd to cart
Acapulco Gold Auto FemAdd to cart
Purple Thai Photo FemAdd to cart
Blackberry Moonrocks Photo FemAdd to cart
AK47 Photo FemAdd to cart
Northern Lights Photo FemAdd to cart
Afghan Kush Photo FemAdd to cart